Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Tener - to have (1-31-23)

A new and very common verb! 

Tener  to have

yo tengo   I have                                nosotros tenemos    we have

tú tienes   you have                           ellos/ellas/ustedes tienen   they/you have                                

él/ella/usted tiene   he/she has  you (formal) have               


This word  is used a lot in Spanish. We have already used it!

¿Cuantos años tienes?   How old are you? 

 The exact translation is: “How many years do you have?


Yo tengo ocho años.        I am 8 years old.

The exact translation is: “I have 8 years.”


Try to put these five English sentences into Spanish.

I have a dog.

I have a favorite color.

I have a white house.

I have two cats.

I have two hands.


Remember that adjectives like “favorite and white” go AFTER the noun.

Numbers go before the nouns.

All of the words in the sentences above are vocabulary words you know.





No comments:

Post a Comment