Saturday, April 27, 2024

EPIZEUXIS

Epizeuxis    Repeats one word for emphasis (more than one word in some cases). Epizeuxis is usually repetition of the repeated words in quick succession or with very few other words in between.

Epizeuxis can be used for emphasis, to show enthusiasm and inspire it, to create drama or for comic effect.


🌸 Everybody Happy, happy, happy!   Duck Dynasty 

🌸 The amusement park was fun, fun, fun!

🌸 Out, damn'd spot! out, I say!   Lady McBeth in Shakespeare’s Macbeth Act 5, scene 1 

🌸 We ran yelping across the sand because it was hot, hot, hot!

🌸 Give me a break! Give me a break! Break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar! ad jingle

🌸 O horror, horror, horror! / Tongue nor heart cannot conceive nor name thee! Macbeth

🌸 Taylor Swift uses it (a lot) in Shake it Off

Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, playAnd the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hateBaby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shakeI shake it off, I shake it off (hoo-hoo-hoo)Heartbreakers gonna break, break, break, break, breakAnd the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fakeBaby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shakeI shake it off, I shake it off (hoo-hoo-hoo)

No comments:

Post a Comment